Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sibling-M & K

Mikaela and Kyron

It's amazing to watch how they treat each other. Mikaela signed to him in ASL. Mikaela used baby brush to rub Kyron's back. Mikaela read books to him. She did many things to him - so sweet.
At other time, Mikaela - BRAT!!! barked at Kyron and pushed him. Wow - Sweet to Brat in few seconds... BUT..... Good news - Brat doesnt stay forever - she will change into sweet in a while... (sometime sooner than I expect and other time - take a while!).

I love to see them team up to do things. So funny... Mikaela doesn't want to go bed. Mikaela sangs a song. Kyron heard her singing, he ran into her room and dancing. Both were laughing... I have to tell them - BEDTIME!! WE can do that in the morning. :o)

My wish for them to be close as they can be... I've seen many sisters/brothers weren't that close. My sister and brothers were close to each other but to me - am not sure if deafness is the factor or the communication part. They treated me good.... Just wish they could do more...

6 comments:

Denise said...

I was very close to my little sister who is 7 years younger then me. But not close to my sister who is 21 months younger then me. Now I am not close to either of them because of their drinking. It is sad really.

Merr said...

That is great! I can't wait to give Cam a sibling so they can share that same bond!

K J and the kids said...

That is AWESOME ! I know all too well the wishes of closeness. We were not close and I always wished that we were.
Syd will stroke their cheeks and tell them that she loves them and then 10 minutes later push one down and still a toy. :)
I think you are doing a great job with them.

Sorry about your siblings.

hotomiky said...

D- oh no.. drinking can take life away... Sorry abt that... Hopefully one of these days, they will realize..

Merr- me too -

Kj - :o) probably its typical things for older kids to do thier younger sisters/brothers... My sister and brothers treat me good - just wish that we could be more closer - I spoke with my sister recently... she wishes that she could be close with me... She was wondering - is school what takes us apart as I live in "school"... (I can't imagine what my life would be like if I didn't live in "deaf - residential" school... I'm very much glad that I live residential school.... hee hee.

Holly said...

How cool and adorable. There will probably be many years of good and bad. My brother is adopted, so we are only 10 months apart. We loved each other, hated each other, kissed, bit, hugged, tugged, etc.
Now, we are great friends!!!

Anonymous said...

i can totally relate! i really wish my younger brother and myself were closer. i wish nothing more than for my daughter and a future sibling (hopefully) will be the best of friends!