UPDATED with PICTURES!!!
What a weekend! The word I’m looking for is there… There is so much LOVE! I was sitting outside and looking at the sign - Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much- that is it! Our weekend with all ½ sibling families - have so much of Love, Live and Laugh!
Yesterday, other ½ sibling families from PA arrived. Wow!! They are awesome! What are the odd - all are so awesome and filled with love! We all enjoyed so much!
We shared many stories of our kids. You wouldn’t believe this… Most of their stories - were so similar to us!! So weird! Interesting how donor can give children their traits and characters.
I’m typing this in the van as we are on way to home to Maryland. It was so difficult for us to leave. We hugged and said - bye bye --- I love you --- they even tried to beg us to stay one more night - I wish we could! But we can’t… Hollie need to go back to work as she took off some days last week.
Wanted to share my experience as of communication with them…. At the first I was nervous - after few minutes - We started to feel comfortable as they speak very clearly and very patience with us. Hey K & E - I’m not SHY at first night! ;o) (I asked Hollie - was I shy? She said - YES - that’s full of BS!) I wasn’t sure what to say - that is why I didn‘t talk much at first. After I just need to get know them first :o) BUT... It gets better afterwhile...
It was fun to watch kids playing together. Some of things that they do - freak me out! My gosh My boy does that and that kid is not my boy! Syd and Mikaela love to sing even tho they are not look like but have same donor. Mikaela got from me! Kyron - probably from donor as other boys look him (not excat but mostly).
Karen and Jan - wow!! They are funny, loving, supportive, and silly! Love them! Their kids - beautiful and handsome! Full of energetic with a lot of personalities.
Two moms from PA - sweet, loving, caring people as we get know them in a short period of time. Wish to get know them more. (next time ;o) ) Their daughter C - Mikaela and C hooked up really nice and played very well.
I can’t thank Elyse and Cindy enough… They are AWESOME and loving people!! Thank you - for the dinner, for the wonderful times, using your playground for kids and especially painting on your lovely driveway.
Their kids - Olivia - one of most sweet girls! She has beautiful eyes with a big smile. She probably is the youngest of all (other than her sister Emma). She played well with Mikaela, C and Syd. Twin - Jake and Emma - wish I could take them home with me! So cute and beautiful babies!!! They are very happy babies! They are lucky to have beautiful and happy kids - just because they have love in them! Thank you!
You'll see more stories on Life as a Rainbow and Roll Playing with Kids .
WE gotta meet again next year! Mikaela was CRYING and said - I want to see Syd, Olivia and C again. I want to play with them tomorrow. (breaking my heart - need to glue them together - wiping my tears). She also said - can they come to my house? I told her that they live real far. Then she asked - can you drive me to their houses? I explained they live far too… Poor kid!
Here is some pictures.














11 comments:
Ohh, again I say the same things, (speechless!!!) and in awe of such a wonderful event. I'm jealous (for not being there) and sad (to hear everyone has to go home). I want to thank you for sharing such wonderful moments and memories.
AWW I love you post. I am soo glad that you guys had such a great time and bonded so fast.
*Tears in my eyes* I am so happy you got to meet them. After hearing stories today, I know this will not be your last time seeing them! Mikaela and Kyron (and all other kids) seemed to have a BLAST time (from the pictures!) Glad you all got together, a live long dream of yours! With many, many blessings!
What an amazing "family reunion" for the first time! The bond sounds like it goes beyond blood connection -- and that's the best kind of family there is! Chance brought you together but now a real friendship and kinship will keep you all close. And M does look like the others -- they all have something vaguely familiar about them -- so amazing to see them all together!
I was so teary when I was reading K's and EandC's blog. It looks like everyone had such an amazing experience. How wonderful for you all!
How wonderful for all of you. Such a special family get together. Really enjoyed the pics. The children are so beautiful.
Again, M and I are so happy for all of you to have gotten this chance to meet one another.
Love the pics. The one of the 3 boys together is so cute and what could possibly top that pic of all of them on the couch?! TOO sweet!
How neat for all of you to have eachother, know eachother, and interact and LOVE eachother..
Maybe you really should move to Utah.. Let all of the kids grow up together like K said..
Love the pictures, and so glad you had such a wonderful time! :)
What a blast! Thanks for sharing!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful that you shared the time with us. WE LOVE YOU! And Mikaela and Kyron - I just cannot express the beauty I see in those children. They are angels.
Thank you for your patience in teaching me more sign language.
PLEEEEZ tell M we miss her so much too and would love to see her again. Olivia wants to go there this weekend - she said it in her prayers last night.
Oh yeah...J will be mad you posted a picture of me kicking her butt!
Post a Comment