It is really SUCKS! No one will understand what deaf people had going through....Only deaf people...
I've tried to communicate with many hearing people. It is so UNFAIR! to SEE other PEOPLE talking to other people even tho they dont know with each other. Hearing to Hearing. While Deaf people lives far - not like next door as Hearing People. It is really SUCKS!
Everytime I see them chatting and laughing. I often tried to join. I'm having a hard time to catch up with them. It is UNFAIR!! WE are in same neighors.
And now this...It is still happening...
I expressed how I feel to H about this issues. She understood. Just because she is deaf!
I hate when Hearing People assumed it was us while we didn't.
I hate when Hearing People were chattting with me and never again.
I hate when Hearing People switched the story - "I never say that...I think you misunderstood me... Oh the communication got messed up..." Enough!! Don't give me BULLSHIT!
I hate when Hearing People says - Oh we talked about the school system - no biggie! EXCUSE ME!! it is a big deal to me!!! My daughter will go school this fall and I want to know the f*ckin School system. It sure heats me up! Think I dont care about my children's future school - come on - GET REAL!!! We are educated people! Come on!! Geez..
I hate when Hearing People assumed that we feed our kids' mind to say "not nice" things. They often said - OH you parents told your kids that... Excuse me!!! We don't teach our kids to say "not nice" things to people/kids. THEY are just like YOUR F*ckin kids!! Your lucky.. I don't hear them saying... only in physical ways. Saying a 'not nice' words are not ok while hurting the physical is ok.. I don't get it....
I know We work so hard to make the living with this shit world. We want to raise our kids as best as we can. We are going through a rough time...We are trying to get out the 'rough' times. I'm so blessed that my honey H keep faith and never argue with me with many issues (money, location, bills, jobs,etc) I love you H!
Don't get me wrong - I DONT hate hearing poeple... I just hate when hearing people do/did/say/said.
I have hearing parents, hearing siblings and hearing children. I love them!! I will never do that to them what I had experienced.
4 comments:
Hey there -- I'm so sorry that you hve to deal with this EVERY single day. It sounds both exhausting and really aggravating.
In university, there was a guy with an interpreter in some of my classes, and I'd see him at parties. Learned he was deaf, thought he was cool, and tried to learn some sign. By the end of that semester, we could converse pretty well as long as a) he wasn't drunk b) I wasn't drunk and c) he went SLOW enough for me! It was then that I could REALLY see how he wasn't included by so many people, even when they'd say things like, "Oh just talking about this movie." And totally assuming he hadn't seen it (he always had). OR, "just talking about the dancing tonight" assuming he didn't like dancing or music (he did, he was one of the BEST dancers I've ever been out with). So many assumptions.
I think sometimes it is totally it meanness, and sometimes it is their OWN insecurity and lack of self-confidence. Like they don't want to show that they don't know something or want to prove to their friends that they're 'cool' enough to exclude someone, as if that is cool. I'm not sure, it always seems like such a mix of things, but I know it really really really sucks when it happens to you like this. I'm glad you and H are there for each other like this,... thank you for sharing this with us. And thanks for reminding us all to be inclusive always and not assume anything.
And now let me go see your neighbors and have a little TALK with them about how to be grown-ups and TALK TO EACH OTHER!!! What idiots they are to miss out on your amazing personality and family.
francesca - thanks...i know.. It just is frustrating...
I have to keep my chin up all the time and go through.
thanks..
Sorry!We love you guys!!
Wow, T, I'm so sorry this sh*t happens. I can't put myself in your shoes, and I wish there weren't so many ignorant people in the world. Try to keep your chin up, girl.
Post a Comment