Wow-- Where the weekend goes? We had a wonderful time at Altantic City, NJ. Mikaela was so exciting to go hotel (all she cares about hotel and beach). We arrived there early and able to get in room early (3 hours early). Nice!! Dinner - Delicious!
Hollie played National Deaf Women Poker Tournament. I was hanging out the lobby with other families with kids. Kids had a wonderful time with them - running around - chasing - mine-mine-sharing snacks-hugging-crying-comforting-laughing-etc... The security of casino place told us that we have to go back to room or out of the building its not allowed for kids to be around after 9pm. We byed to each other :o( Get together real soon! Damnnit we live each other tooo FAR!!! It is totally sucks!! Maryland - please move to Maryland - they said Please move to PA, Move to NC, Move to NY - no no Maryland better... Hey you all bloggers and families -Please move to Maryland! ;o) so we all can get together and have fun! especially with kids!!!
We walked back to our room (other building as we are using our timeshare). Kids were exhausted and knocked out for the night! Hollie paged me - she made in the final table late night. Few hours later, I checked my message - I'm out! Came in 6th! I told her I'm still proud of her!! 6th out of 35 women (smaller this time :o( )
In the very early saturday morning, Mikaela was so upset because she couldn't find her swimsuit. I told her that we did not bring swimsuit! She said why?? I want to go beach and go swim! I realized something... I told hollie that we must go beach to show Mikaela that its too cold to go beach. Mikaela saw me talking to hollie - she said beach - never cold! always warm and sunny. I explained to her that - now in the month of March - its cold! Maybe April it gets warmer but in May, June, July,August and maybe in September - warm in here at the beach. She said - beach do get cold, do get rain, etc.. I nodded. She wanted to see it!
She was so glad to se the beach and she couldn't believe how windy it is.
On the way back home, we stopped to see many different kind of birds. Kids enjoyed it very much!!! Beautiful birds!
Gotta go to get all stuffs together ready for the class this afternoon! It should be interesting topics to discuss in the class: - inclusion, students with diverse learner, NCLB, IDEA etc...


8 comments:
I'm glad you had such a good time !
It sounds like you came out alright. 6th isn't so bad, right ?
LOVE Kyron's hair. I want to title it "Got Wind" :)
Mikaela is the bird whisperer. Look how she got the bird to dance. or maybe the bird got her to dance :) either way. Looks like lots of fun.
Sounds like a fun time.
Kyron's hair, So cool! Mikaela what a beauty, gorgeous hair! Only been to Atlantic City in the summer, must be a bit chilly this time of year. Maryland (DC) area is a great place.
Sounds like a great trip. That's too cute that she thought it was always sunny and warm at the beach. I wish!
Oh I love the cold and windy beach... something so calm about it. Maybe not fun for a kid, but she might end up liking it all year around.
Glad they both got to have fun with other kids too. Why doesn't the hotel even have one family friendly room? That's ridiculous.
I think 6th is GREAT! Sounds like a lot of fun, but I do agree that it's kinda ridiculous they don't have some sort of a family hang out place. Oh well!
Hey, I flew right over Atlantic City last week.. It looked beautiful from WAY up high.. So how long does it take you to drive there?
I can't believe you were in AC. It's about an hour and a half away from us - we could have visited you there. Maybe next time.
K and M are looking so grown up - unbelievable.
Come back! we miss you!!
Post a Comment