Monday, March 3, 2008

Knight Kyron's 24 (25) months check up



Knight Kyron went to dr for his 24 months check up (he's 25 months old).
He weighed 28 lbs and 12oz.
His heights - 36 1/2 inches tall
Dr checked all his developmental milestones. He noticed his spoken language delay (he should be able to speak 2-3 sentences. He said it is very common for Children of Deaf Adults (CODA). He signs ASL (American Sign Language). There is nothing to be alarm about it. It is very common! I rather to have Kyron to signs first for his intellegence and be able to communication with us. Kyron can speak some words but not into sentences - maybe 1 sentence.
He will go child care this fall with other hearing kids and teachers while we go work. He will pick up from there. This week, I will take Kyron to visit that child care center. Mikaela went there for a year and few months. She loved it there. They have a wonderful curriculum/program for young children. Hollie and I agreed to put Kyron in and pray that he will like it as much as Mikaela. :o)

6 comments:

Denise said...

Wow My cameron is a big little guy then. he weighs 32 lbs and he is only 21 pounds.

Stacey said...

He's so cute. Love that picture. He will pick up more at the daycare. I think they should include signing as a way to gauge how far along he is as he is able to speak in sentences but not "verbal" sentences. He is smart from what I've seen and heard. :)

K J and the kids said...

Fighting the urge to kiss his little face. :)
He's so cute.
I hope the new daycare goes well for all of you.

f said...

Yeah, Stacey's right - they should totally include signing as a language level!! I mean, if you were parents who spoke another verbal/auditory language at home (like Spanish or Japanese or whatever), they would judge based on how he could communicate with you too... from everything you've said about your conversations with him - he's a great communicator and has lots of stories and ideas... he'll pick the verbal stuff up - just like kids with ESL parents do. I'm glad the doctor didn't give you a hard time about it!

Do Kyron and Mikaela sign or talk to each other most of the time, or some combination?

Babykins said...

Wow what a tall boy! Soo cute!

hotomiky said...

francesca - yes they do communicate with each other in combination - sometime ASL and other time spoken language. We noticed that they sign more.