Friday, June 20, 2008

Interpreter

Kyron - had a Dr appt for physical check up - for day care. He still weighs 29lbs! I said - you gotta be kidding! He always eat eat eat eat and still only 29lbs! I even asked nurse - are you sure that scale is working? He now is 36 inches tall... some growth! He is healthy but had a bad cold! (grr...).

It was interesting... Mikaela kept on interpreter for me what doctor said. I kept telling her NO! Doctor can write. Mikaela said, "I know but I want to interpret for you mommy..." I told her that's sweet but not this time. Doctor agreed. We communicated through writing as his mouth movement was so difficult to read.

Some parents use their children to be interpreter. I don't want my kids to be burden to be interpreters for us. I want them to be KIDS! Mikaela said - I want to be a teacher for deaf kids who are 3 yrs old. So funny! She kept changing what she wants to be. Love to hear what her mind going.

We packed our stuffs in our van to go on NY trip. For someone you wonder why are our kids excite to see their grandparents. Many of you have grandparents who live close by. Not us! My parents from NY and Hollie's parents in Washington State. We live in MD. It is hard to be away from our families especially our kids who adore their grandparents/uncles/aunts/cousins very much. Bless their hearts - they never complain that their grandparents live far.

We will try to blog through our "vacation" in NY.

4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Skinny little toad :)
How cute that she wants to be a teacher. She would be a GREAT teacher.
Have fun...blog lots of pictures

Kim aka Mommy said...

Have a safe, great trip1

Holly said...

Hope you have a great trip!
our boy is 28 lbs and 31 inches! LOL!!!!! Our boys would look very funny standing next to each other!

Stacey said...

Enjoy your trip!

I guess he has a great metabolism. I wish I was him. ;)