had psychiatrist evaluation last week. What an interesting meeting! Talked for an hour (o boy, she was talkative!!! and also wanted to meet H and asked her several questions). She asked - many weird questions! For example - she asked - informing parents about CI is much easier than coming out. I just chuckling and said I never come out. They just knew and there is no reason why for me to come out. She looked so shocked! I said - my mom born me! I told her - this is CI evaluation - not my lifestyle. She got off guard and went ahead asking me questions - like - how do I handle having CI in deaf world? blah blah... no biggie... Look me as whole person - not just the ear (hear) part! Audism! I know what to expect.... They probably will notice me a little different by responding to the sounds! They will get use to it which is no big deal... I have several friends who have CIs and they are still in DEAF world and doing great!
I had hearing test again last Monday! I had choice to pick which color - tan, dark brown, grey and black... I dont want tan (that reminded me of my old hearing aid - want something new so toss tan and dark brown away) I'm battle with between two - grey and black... I brought my friend along. I asked her to help me!!! She agreed that i should pick grey! Yay!! for several reasons - one of them - GREY HAIR when I get old ....
Now doctor is calling insurance to make arrangment - to make sure its cover everything - etc... If not then I will have to wait til JULY - nooo... I'm praying to have insurance covers... so that I can get it surgery in March... Crossed fingers!!!
It will be on my left side...
2 comments:
Such good news. I hope that the insurance works out for you.
I thought for sure they'd have taken you away and locked you in a facility after that psych evaluation ;-) ha ha ha JK
Happy for your good news! Hope the insurance part works out for you.
Post a Comment