Thursday, June 16, 2011

Full questions of DAD! (m)

At the softball practice (yesterday), My daughter Mikaela was bugged by her teammates, what your dad do?, do you have dad? is your mom divorced? is your dad died? All those questions.
Last night, Mikaela and I had talked. Mikaela wants to give an answer better where kids can shut up and stop asking... She doesn't mind ask up to 2 questions but on going that annoying her.

She always said - I don't have dad. No my mom never divorced. I can't say if he died as I don't have dad. I don't have dad but I have two moms. I came in a special family with two moms by god. God sent me into two moms family where there is a lot of love. All those kind of anwers she can think of to give a better answer.

She asked - kids kept saying that you MUST have dad. I explained to her that we all need to educate them... Many kids do not know there is many two moms or two dads. She asked me if its OK for them to know... that "my mom wants to have kids and she got a special gift to make me"... I told her - whatever that makes you feel comfortable... I also mentioned to her that its better to start educate them as soon as they asked... So we can have their supports when they get older from the positive experiences.

I kind of felt bad for her. I did asked her - do you feel bad that you don't have dad? She said - not really.. I'm blessed to have two moms who loves me the most. Just that people are annoying... :o)


1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

We have a lot of questions to answer ourselves down the road :)

Glad she's handling it so well.