We, all family are facing a new change in few weeks! I've decided to go back work as PE position opening at Maryland School for the Deaf - Columbia. Only 20 minutes away where we live. I've stayed home mom for more than 6 years. I did went back work for short time. Ever since, I worked for short time as part time or few weeks. Now it is a FULL TIME job! I know I will miss staying home mom. But I'm not getting any younger - retirement and better benefits...
Kyron is the one who is struggling to face the fact that his mommy is going to work. Kyron had begged me to stay home and teach him (homeschool). I told him that I've thought about it in the past but for some reasons, Kyron would be more benefits from going school. He's "die-hard" mommy's boy!
Hollie and I had our discussion where to put Kyron for afterschool care. We decided to go for Rollerskate afterschool program. Kyron and I went up and visited. You should see Kyron's face! He freaked out! He kept saying - NO NO... Hollie and I decided not to put him in. (actually fun!! Mon & Wed - karate lesson, tues - skating lesson, thrus - fun activities, and fri - movie, skating).
Oh no, Kyron made my life more complicated! Decided to take Kyron to karate place. He acted differently than what he was at roller skate place. He kept saying no but in softly way. I told him - have to go some place for after care. He said - ok - this place. He was worried that he will miss the van ride (they do provide transportation after school), he's being silly... we told him that older kids will stop by classroom to pick younger kids like you to go on van.
Finally, registered him in karate place for after care program. They will do karate lessons from Mon-Thurs and Friday is a fun day. (they have schedule ready - study hours/crafts, lessons, activities). Hollie and I think it would be good for Kyron to build his self-confidence and more "tougher" yet still sweet and sensitive boy!
For Mikaela, she will be at after school programs, girl scouts, and going home. She had took Home Alone class. It was AWESOME class! I learned a lot! She also had practice self - defense techinques. She wants to take kids self-defense class. We will register her in soon. **She is exciting!** I think its a sign of being big girl! OH no.... my baby girl is growing up toooo fast!! What a sweet kid!
1 comment:
That's a lot of change. You will do great and hopefully so will Kyron :)
Ryan IS Kyron. OMG that boy has the same issues. If I'm behind him in the grocery store and he can't see me, he will start crying and stressing out. Until I tap him and let him know that I'm there.
(such sweet boys though)
Mikaela is getting to be so grown.
I hope this all works out well with your family.
Post a Comment