PASSPORT!! Sure know how to drive us NUT! They called us and STILL demanded us to send the original adoption paper. We contacted our lawyer and hope to get things straighten out.
Urgh... We were glad that we are doing now instead of last minute. We normally do last minute to do things. For some reasons, we decided to do passport first. We were GLAD to do it first. It might be a long haul!
Gotta go to change poopy boy. - Done :o)
I'm still PISSED! Hollie's name on kids' birth certificate. They said, "there s no father signature on the application." URGH!!! Birth Certificates (both kids) have both parent signature. They wanted the FATHER's signature. I asked them, if we were straight - hollie's a "male" and put "his" signature under father - Would they still require us to send the original adoption paper. They were pausing for a moment and ... haven't gotten answer from them. What an AxxO!
I'm sorry... I'm now in bitchin mood! ha ha *chuckles*
I felt bad for those who are single mothers. Wow... I'm sure some "fathers" took off and never found. How do they works?
They told me to sign both mother and father application for our kids. I'm just mother and Hollie is a MAMA! I'm not father (haha). What a crazy world we live in....
They have to change!
I know in my heart, things will be ok... I know we will get our passports.
But do we deserve? NO! Do other families deserve this kind of craps? NO! No one deserve it! Urgh...
4 comments:
Thank goodness you are taking care of this now!
my lawyer said - go ahead send an original and she s sending me other orignal papers. whew... it should process ok.
I'm serious, I have no idea how we would do that here in Utah. We can't adopt, so there would be NO father.
I think you should go public have something written in the paper about the whole thing. Esecially if same sex adoption is legal...they can't give you this kind of shit. Sorry it's been such a pain in the butt.
Still smiling over the dancing video. :)
how frustrating!
Good thing you did plan ahead.
I had a battle with the hospital registrar, the social worker at the hospital and a not-so-bright staffer at the state department of vital statistics when Andrew was born. They all told me I couldn't be on the birth certificate - which I knew was wrong. I tried to be very patient, but I occasionally felt like I wanted to reach through the phone and shake people.
In the end, we found a manager who was WONDERFUL - taking care of everything and even wishing us CONGRATS!
Post a Comment