Monday, March 5, 2007

Refuse to take MILK

Oh boy, Kyron refused to take milk! Kyron's doctor said, "he needs to drink milk and stop breastfeeding him. Breastmilk has no nutritions for him. He wanted your breastmilk to feel security". Blah blah blah...
Urgh!!! That DOCTOR! I preferred other doctors. We have 5 doctors, we like 4 out of 5 doctors. That day, we happened to have her.

I've tried to give Kyron milk since he was 10 months old and still refuse to take it. Probaby 2 or 3 sips at the most! I've tried to mixed into formula. As I planned to reduced formula and add more milk in it. . He knows it has milk in it and toss the bottle/sippy cups away. Ironically, he will take formula in the bottle during the day.

I know I can't breastfeed him forever.

My daughter, Mikaela loves milk when she first tastes (11 months old)! I thought Kyron would be much easeir because of Mikaela and all of my brothers were milk freak as well as myself when we were young. Mikaela was bottlefed because she couldn't latch on correctly.

Wondering breastfeed and bottlefeed makes difference in drinking milk?

Any suggestions??

4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

The blog fairy took away my last comment. It was EXTREMELY insightful and full of great advice.
Now you are just stuck with what I write this time :)
Syd broke her arm at 13 months....she would also not drink milk...I felt very guilty as if some how the milk deficiency had something to do with it. Not that the fall backwards off of the couch had anything to do with it.
The doctor suggested that I put chocolate syrup in it. I put my nose up to that idea as I didn't give her much sugar. She told me that the benefits of her drinking milk out weighed the chocolate and sugar that I added. Reluctantly I tried it.....she still didn't drink it....but it lead me to Strawberry syrup. She LOVED it and drank milk. Soon she drank A LOT of milk. Still does.
I suggest going straight to the strawberry milk. You can slowly add less and less of the syrup to wean him off of it.
I hope it works for you.
Also...your doctor is a dumb-A
Breast milk is GREAT for your baby boy. Breastfeed him as long as the two of you want to continue.
I'm sorry that he told you that.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Denise said...

OK the all mighty expect has spoken= the doctor!! Pffttt doctors dont know everything!! My first baby weaned himself at 8 months, I was heart broken. He didn't want to drink milk at first either untill we put chocolate syrup in it. My second baby I nursed him untill he was 3, I thought he would go off to college on the boob. Anyway he still wont drink milk. My daughter weaned herself at 21 months cuz I was pg and she likes milk ok. So each baby is different. Hell I dont like milk, never have.

Merr said...

I agree! Try flovoring it, or try different temperatures. Also don't push it on him. Try when he is not dying of thirst. Maybe set a cup out and let him just experiment with it.

K J and the kids said...

I just looked at your pictures on flikr. VERY CUTE KIDS.
Kyron and Spencer look more like twins that Spencer and Cameron do.

I showed my mom a picture of Mikaela and Kyron and my mom said....who's the little girl with Spencer. :) I told her and she was blown away.

I'd like to take some credit for Spencers good looks, but I think they look like their daddy :)