Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Things that I didn't know....

Things that I didn't know....
Its good to be back home again! Kids and I were gone to upstate NY for my brother's girl friend baby shower and at the same time kids seeing grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and others.

During stay at my sister's place, my sister T and my mom had shared with me many things that I didn't know. For examples:

Kyron was singing (humming) to sleep. I never knew. Kyron could say some words - mor - for more, ella for mikaela, doggy, mama, mommy, milky and others.

Mikaela sings well. She could talk funny like comedian. It made people laugh so hard. I was puzzled and concerned that they might make fun of her talking (voice). I asked my sister T - why are they laughing. T said Mikaela sings so funny song - talk about family and friends, she makes up the song and stories. I asked is it about her voice? T was like huh? Voice? I explained ya know... Deaf talk. She said ohhhh no no she didn’t use deaf voice to sing the song. Later that night, T said - wow... Mikaela knows when to use deaf voice. She came to me - with sign - milk with deaf voice. I said ok you may have milk - ask T if she could get you one as I was busy. She ran to T and asked her if she could get her milk. T said she was saying milk right way but not to me - She was using deaf voice. Wow... She knows when to use. It’s amazing to see how kids know by naturally.

We had a baby shower for my brother’s girl friend, C. There were some kids. They asked Mikaela, do you want potato chips. Mikaela always said, “I have I to ask my mommy first.” Mikaela do say excuse me or thank you. Many of my family/relatives and friends asked my mom, how did Tonya raise their kids so polite and respect? My mom asked me, “They want to know the secret of raising polite children.” I was like – huh? There is no secret. Discipline with reasoning and love. I have no idea. I thought all kids should’ve known. But I didn’t know that many children are not like that. I was a little sad to learn that but at the same time I have to be proud of our kids. Hope they will continue when they get older (*crossed finger*). (Sure wish they were that angel and polite at home – argh!)



Kyron's "first fall into puddle"
3/25/07
















What had happened? Kyron was playing outside - puddle on driveway. He was trying to lean and touch the puddle. He lost his balance and his face was into the puddle. It was so funny to watch him but at the same time, it breaks my heart seeing him crying and got marks on his cutie face. :o( Yet, he went out and played with puddle again.)
(taken picture 3 days later - It was much bigger but good news that he's healing)
It's good to be home again! Mikaela was thrilled to be back home. I asked why - She said - Cold up there -- here warm! My sister and parents' house - still have snow on the ground and temp was about 45 to 50 degrees. While here - much warmer - flowers start to blossom. 70 to 80's here.

Kids want to go out and play... Gotta run - can't beat beautiful weather! :o)

17 comments:

Denise said...

HI glad that you made it back, sorry for my ignorance but what is a deaf voice?

Merr said...

Glad you are back safe and sound! You guys are doing a great job raising your kids. We try to teach Cam to always be polite, because many kids are not. Your kids are very smart!

hotomiky said...

Deaf voice - most deaf people are having hard time to make the sounds right when they talk. Because they can not hear the voice. It sounds different than it shoudl be. I'm thinking of one example... wow.. its hard - haha...

I will wait til H get home to help me out. haha...

hotomiky said...

Merr - Thanks.. I tried. I wanted our kids to be polite and I do thought many parents do the same.

duh me... I was teacher for 10 years - all are polite kids - sure do wish! It will make teacher's job more easier. :o)

K J and the kids said...

I totally understand the deaf voice. If Denise watched the L-word :) hint hint...you would know, as Marlee Matlin talks it. (she's so damn hot)
It's when someone who is deaf makes out the words when they sign.
I noticed Mikaela sounded like that on the video you downloaded of the lizards a few days ago.
I was going to ask you if you have to give them voice coaching at all. That is SO damn genious that she's figured it out. She has quite the personality. It drips from her in the video you uploaded and from what your family has said I'm right.

Poor Kyron. That first picture is a CRACK UP ! I love that you took them. Scrapbooking moment.

I think I'm a little biased, but I think your kids are ABSOLUTELY darling.
Glad you're back !

Kim aka Mommy said...

Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your time away with the family.

K J and the kids said...

P.S. I TOTALLY forgot.
My little Spencer sings and hums himself to sleep too. My mom has always cracked up about it.
I knew they were seperated at birth :)

Dee said...

Glad you're back. Your kids are so amazing! I love that they're polite and considerate. Thanks to you of course!!

Denise said...

First of all K!! You know darn well I dont get the L word, and have to drag my butt to the video store to rent the seasons. Secondly I Know who Marlee Matlin is and I understand that she makes a different voice/sound then hearing people, I just wasn't clear on it.That is smart of Mikaela to know the difference. How old is she??

Denise said...

Oh and I wanted to say sorry about the baby falling in the puddle, poor thing.

K J and the kids said...

Nailgirl, stop fighting with me in someone elses blog.
Don't make me come over to your blog....I will. I'm tough, I'm VERY, VERY BUTCH. :) ha ha

Denise said...

word!! Dont mess me with me sister!! I will with hold those juicy lesbian details from you!!

K J and the kids said...

rrrrrrrrrr.....damn....I secede.
I must know the juicy details.

Thank you mommy mama and cubs for mediating this duke out.

Denise said...

And the crowd roars!!!

hotomiky said...

Mikaela is 4 :o)

K J and the kids said...

What is 1-2-3 magic ?

By the way, I sent your email info to Elyse and Cindy.....Olivia, Emma and Jakes mommies. She said she would contact you when things settle down. Elyse had a c-section and now Cindy has bronchitis. :( She's wearing a mask around the house but was so sick she passed out from dehydration and had to get IV fluids at the hospital...which has left Elyse who is trying to recover from surgery to take care of 2 babies and a 2 1/2 year old (who has also come down with a cold) Poor moms.
any way, just thought you'd like to know. I also sent her your blog information so she said she's read up on you :)

tifferny said...

WELCOME BACK!!!! You were missed very much! I hear ya on the teacher thing. I was a teacher for almost ten years so my Mikaela will surely get the benefit of that, as did your kids. P.S. OMG I loved the pictures! First fall in a mud puddle. Too darling!