Sunday, April 29, 2007

My Sassy Baby Sister

I've decided to write about my sister, Ta. She is my baby sister (she thinks she is a big sister!). Sorry sis! I was here first! You, Ta came here two years later! A lot of people think she’s much older than me. (Yes!)

She had been going through a lot. She’s a great sister to all of us (including 3 brothers). She took the role as a big sister for several reasons. As you know, I went to deaf school which is residential setting. I went on Mondays and come home on Fridays (other than holidays/half days). She often baby sat our brothers. My mom worked evening shifts. My dad often gone out to bar/ pool game and golf. I thank her for taking my role to take care of boys. (I called my brothers – boys). If it wasn’t for her, I don’t know what will happen to boys. She helped as much as she can. She was struggling with school and couldn’t keep her grade up. She was struggling with her weight. She was overweight. She didn’t have nice teeth – bad decay and yuck yellow teeth. She didn’t have many friends when she was in high school.

One afternoon, I came home on Thursday from school (professional day for teacher on Friday something like that.) Ta told me that she decided to drop out from high school. I was so upset and asked why. She said, “No friends and Grades are bad!” I asked her, “What do you want to do in the future?” She said, “I would like to work in salon – cutting and fixing people’s hairs. I told her, “why not go BOCES? (voc. School). She said, “what is BOCES?” I decided to say nothing.

The next day, I decided to go my sister’s school. I know some people who worked there. I’ve been going that school a lot with different events and was a student there too. I decided to talk with guidance counselor about Ta. He refused to talk with me about Ta. I had to begggg him. Finally, he said – ok. We talked in his office. He agreed to talk with Ta. I left.

Ta was so exciting when she came home from school. Ta told my mom that she will be visiting BOCES to check the beauty school. She decided to accept to get in beauty school. She loved it! It does improve her grades and making friends.

On her graduation day, she has no clue that she will get a job offer until she got the award for being top 5 students in beauty school. She got job offer!

She saved up and got dental plan. She went dentist and got her new teeth. It is so beautiful – white and straight – so perfect! Her weight was about the same – maybe a little more.

She married a guy – B. I can’t lie to you - I hate him! Just because how he treated her. He always called her – FAT, all the awful names. I asked my mom – why she is staying with him. My mom said – Ta’s dream to have a husband and have family. I know in my heart, my mom hate him too. She always growled behind his back.

One day, Ta decided to go on diet. She was size 22. Now, she is much thinner than I am. I asked Ta. What size are you in? Oh Fook!!! 7!!! Size 7! I never had that size for more than 20 years! I don‘t think I will ever be that size – 7! I can’t picture myself in that size. Maybe one day! Haha

Her husband was jealous of Ta. Ta lost a lot of weight while he doesn’t lose a pound. He still calls her – FAT, all different kind of names. When he takes her out, he always make sure that Ta. wear sexy clothes. He was so proud of her for being so sexy wife. That makes me so mad! But again, I can’t tell Ta what to do. It’s her life as she chose that kind of life. I’m praying that he will never hurt my baby Ta. My brothers already warned B – if you ever hurt Ta. You’ll know what happen next.

I’m so proud of her! She made her life difference by accepting into beauty school. And I’m JEALOUS of her – size 7! WTF!!!

That is my sister Ta.


___________________________________________
Happy Birthday to My Mommy!
Kyron was with me for two years even though he's 15 months ;o)

6 comments:

Denise said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sister. She is lucky to have you. How did she lose all of that weight??

hotomiky said...

nailgirl24- I wish I knew how she lose weight - at my best guess - she started to drink diet soda and doesnt eat much. I was hoping that she's losing weight in a good way. I did asked her, she smiled -and said "I eat less!" She walked more than before... (she hates exercise).

K J and the kids said...

Your sister is beautiful.
I'm glad that you were there for her, think of what her life would be without her mother hen.
Does she have kids ?

hotomiky said...

KJ- Yes she has two kids - 4yrs and 2 yrs

Thanks.

tifferny said...

T - will you be my cyber sister? LOL :)

I don't have an older sibling to protect me, as I'm the oldest of my three siblings. I'm always protecting them but they seldom interfere in my life. I'm also a lot more aggressive than them, I suppose. My brother's new boyfriend is a lot like me (i swear he is ME in male form) and that is why we clash, I suppose. :) My sister is boycrazy (she's 15) and I am always yelling at her to "be good!!!" If you know what I mean...

Your sister is truly blessed to have you. :) I'm envious of her weightloss! I would love to be a size 7 again. I'm a 12 right now....sigh....just a few sizes to go. :)

hotomiky said...

Tiffany - I haven't not reach size 12 for many years :o(

I'm hoping to reach size 10 one of these days.