Thursday, December 27, 2007

Deaf become Hearing?

Mikaela was wondering and decided to ask me... Can deaf become hearing? I explained to her that I born deaf and can not be fixed. She said... But Doctor CAN! I explained that doctors can not fix everything... only few things. She said it was not fair! I decided to ask her - why do you ask? She said ... I want you to hear me sing and the music that she made. I told her that you can sing anything you want no matter if I can hear or not. It will always make me proud of you to sing any songs. I added - you can sign a song once a while. She smiled.

It touched my heart. I do feel bad but I born to be deaf for a reason. If she wants to be a musician - then its ok with me. I want her to do anything she wants to do (in a good way ;o) ) and I will always be proud of her.

3 comments:

ECand3 said...

Wow - what a sensitive and sweet girl.
I just caught up on all your posts this month (I've been very bad, but VERY busy).
All the pix are great and it looks like you guys had a ton fun on Christmas.
Seems like you made all the right decisions.

SJayneI said...

What a sweet little girl! You are blessed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.