Saturday, August 30, 2008

Update :o)

Wow!

Last week, First day for Kyron to go Day Care. First day for Mikaela to go school - Kindergarten.

Kyron had a hard time with day care. He was not used to it. He did play, taking nap, and etc... It was so hard for us to drop him off at the day care.

Mikaela had a wonderful time in school. She enjoyed it very much. She couldn't wait to go back this coming Tuesday.

First week of teaching -it was tiring! Not used to have crammed schedule so tight (teaching 4 and 5 grades then teach kindergarten then teach 3rd grade --- and having short break (2 minutes) between classes. It was so good to see students again and a few of new students.

Hollie - is adjusting the schedule/ love to drive to work. She had to drop Mikaela to before/aftercare and then drop Kyron off at the day care. I get up early morning and get ready to catch the MARC (train) every morning early - much early than I normal wake up.

For past two weeks, finally we, Hollie and I had came up with a plan and we agreed. Kyron will stop going day care. He will go babysitter for 3 weeks. Mikaela will continue attend before/after school til end of this month.


I handed resignation letter last Friday. Principal was so awesome. (she's new). She understood completely and support me with the decision even though she wants me to stay and teach. She asked me to stay for 3 more weeks so I will stay for 3 weeks.


As soon as I handed in the resignation letter, I got email in my pager a job offer from other place and work at home. Either full time or part time.... I decided to start with part time for now to see how things go.


With H's new job, her insurance will cover all of us. Whew... Couldn't wait!

Dont get me wrong... I love teaching and I WILL go back teaching - when - dunno...

***will add pictures soon***

6 comments:

Merr said...

Well good for you! It will be nice to have some one on one time with Kyron.

K J and the kids said...

Oh GOOD ! I'm glad that you are doing what makes sense for your family.
I'm even more glad that you are able to.

What's the part time job about ?

Babykins said...

Happy for you, that you can make those kind of choices. I would love to be a stay at home Mom.

MizB said...

Glad to hear that things will be favorable for the family. It's so nice to stay at home with your children.

Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like everything is falling into place nicely for you guys!! congrats!

Holly said...

Good for you! I hope things are transitioning well and the kids are loving school!