Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Adoption Day!

Happy Adoption Day!

This morning, we went to the courthouse to witness our good friends - one of partners adopted their son. (2nd parent adoption). Congrats!

This morning, Mikaela asked me why do we need to go courthouse. I explained that DC need to go courthouse to get approve to adopt BK. Mikaela - with puzzled looks, DC was there the whole time since BK born, and why still need to adopt him? I explained to her that two years ago, mama had to go court to get to adopt u and Kyron. She doesn't remember. We plan to show her pictures. She still insisted that was unecessary. I kind of agreed with her but for our protection that we need to have legal paper saying that 'that child is his/her'. She thinks its crazy and also said - if a family wants a kid then give that kid a home... no need to adopt or anything - it is a family no matter what... Sweet kid...

We will be going out dinner celebrate their adoption.

Forgot to add...this morning, I was puzzled that courthouse opens today. DC and SK said it is a national adoption day! I thought it was nice way to celebrate adoption day because it is a very special moment and we need to remind ourselves to thank so many families who are willing to adopt children out there. There is so many children need home. Thank you... for taking those kids in and be part of family.

Hopefully we might get to adopt children someday.. who knows? It has always been my dream when I was little girl - to adopt two kids.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I hope it happens for you too.

Congratulations to your friends.

Babykins said...

Adoption is truely needed to provide loving homes. Congradulations.