Thursday, February 12, 2009

update on CI

this coming Monday - I will have psych. evaluation  Who knows why --  it is a required for the CI procedure?  (I will find out more later)  For Insurance's sake I guess... anyway - afterward - on Feb 23rd - other hearing test - more details i guess... If all goes well - then I should have surgery in 3-4 weeks after the last appointment.   Finally!!  I've been waited for 7 years... Finally I make the step and it is moving forward to the next step....  

I want to emphasize this - I will be always DEAF no matter what...  that will not make me talk more in vocal ways or be able to hear what you all are saying...  I will always be the same.  Just a few things that will change me - is listen to music as I miss it so much.  

I'm looking forward to hear the sounds from my kids.  Not only that.. to hear the new sounds that I never heard it before... with my old hearing aid.

Will post more later on..

3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

So what did they say ? Are you in fact crazy :)

SJayneI said...

Just wanted to say good Luck and I'm so happy for you that you will be able to hear your children.

Denise said...

Thinking of you T! Keep us posted.