Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First week/summer

It was an interesting week. I've been trying figure out if that sound is normal as I never have been hearing so much. I'm trying to identify so many sounds. Many of my friends have been supportive. Whew... as they know that I will be always TONYA ;) (hope its a positive - hee hee).

I've been hearing electrontically sounds from time to time... When I'm outside - no electronically noise -- as soon as I enter my van, the electronically sounds begin. Wondering it has to do with sensitivity environment that I have to adjust in my processor. I plan to ask my audiologist this coming Monday which is my next appointment. I have some questions to ask...

I love hearing Mikaela's voice. I begin to wonder if her voice is nice... I did hear other kids - not smooth as Mikaela. Is Mikaela making clear for me? or its just her voice... that is something for me to figure out... I did hear her talking to her peers but it was so hard bec too many voices around her (many kids).

When I turned it off, I couldn't hear - NOTHING - Completely quiet. It sure feels weird. But nice tho... (sorry...)

_______________________

Mikaela has been so exciting as summer is here soon. Her last day of school is next week Tuesday. What am I gonna to do with her?

We had schedule some vacations and camping trips. We are counting days to Atlantis, Bahamas. We will be staying there for few nights. I was hoping to have a relaxing time. My friends who went there last week - they warned me - IMPOSSIBLE to have a relaxing time with young children there. ** thanks for warning** Now I know we are going to have fun! Mikaela has been begging us to let her swim with dolphin. I think Hollie and Mikaela will go. Maybe Kyron will go aquatots - feeding turtles, sting ray, etc...

3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

So good to hear from you.
Glad to hear that you are coming along.
I'll bet that the silence is a nice break. ;-)

Your summer sounds like it's full of fun. I wish mine were the same.

Denise said...

Glad that you are adjusting girl. Yeah I want to have a fun summer too.

amy said...

sounds like the bahamas is going to be a blast! we looked into taking a short cruise there this summer but can't take kids under 6 months on non chartered cruise ships!

i think it's so cool that you can hear AND turn it all off. now that's something that i'd sign up for if it were an option ; )