Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sperm

This morning, Mikaela said to me

M- I want to talk with you
me- good or bad
M- I don't know. I just want to ask you something
me- oh ok...

I sat down with her and eating breakfast.

M- umm don't get mad
me - (in my mind- oh sh-t, what it could be?) smile - no, what is it?
M- Where did you get SPERM?
me- huh? SPERM?
M- yea SPERM....to make me
me- Oh that special SPERM!

We talked about it a little surface. Mama and I couldn't make babies ourselves. We need special SPERM from a donor who is wiling giving out his special sperms. We wanted to have babies. We went doctor office to get some help.

M - so that SPERM goes inside you and make me...
me- yup, that makes you my special girl

Mikaela just smiled and ate her breakfast.

Uh oh.. time is near!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son was four when my partner started trying. We had the four-year-old version of that conversation. It went pretty good. About a year later, while we were in the car, my son asked again about getting pregnant (we weren't and weren't actually able to have a second child.) I think he had been mulling over our first conversation for a year. We explained about the doctor providing the sperm, and that the sperm came from a man's testicles. He interrupted us and said he understood about the doctor and wanted to know how the sperm reaches the egg the regular way. My partner said "sex". After a moment he asked, "what is sex?" There was a long silence and then I said, "sex is where a man puts his penis into a woman's vagina." There was an even longer silence and then he said, "That sounds like it would hurt."

He hasn't asked about it since.

K J and the kids said...

Dang anonymous. Way to keep it real :)

Me. I'm dreading this conversation and have been able to "redirect" the ones that have started up :) ha ha

Good job mom.