Crack baby?
Crack baby???Crack baby... my nephew?
I sure hope not. My brother is not crack user. His gf was. She was using crack during first trimester. She found out that she was pregnant. She was struggling to stop. As she said she stopped at the 3/4th months of pregnant. My brother could've left her but he in madly in love with her. They have been together for more than 5 years - maybe 7 years now.Baby due in April 28th.
As the time get near, I started to wonder - Will he be ok? If mother didn’t use any drug and child happen to have some kind of disability (ies) then it’s ok. But mother uses drug and knowing it will do a big harm to baby! That bothers me! What's more - she is studying to be nurse for NICU (unfortunely, she didn’t complete her college degree - only need one more semester and internship). She knows what can harm to babies! I'm hoping that she will go back and finish. I'm sure she will help a lot of people in the future if she chooses to do the right path. (So far, she has been clean for 3/4 months now - hope she tells us the truth)
My mom said, she went with her to dr appt. Baby's heartbeat sounds strong and in a good size. I'm praying for the best. My brother will get full custody of the baby even though they are living together. As his gf signed paper that she had used crack while she was pregnant. I never dreamt that my 'to be' nephew might be a "crack baby".
Our kids and I will go up NY to see my family and at the same time - baby shower for my brother and his gf. We are suppose to leave here this coming Thursday but Mikaela is begging me to take them to go tomorrow instead of Thursday. She misses her grandparents and cousins.
Don't get me wrong.... I love her - my brother's gf. She is awesome! She's so good to my family. She loves our kids. Just that she has some kind of addict problem. I am hoping that she stops using them for the rest of her life.
My brother sometime blamed himself for letting her go. One evening, my brother's gf told him that she wants to spend time with her friends at the club. My brother said - sure you go ahead and have fun! She never came home for 3 days. My brother lost his job because he has to take care of her two kids (not his). Finally, she came home and looked awful! Luckily, he got his job back after his friends (co-workers) explained to his boss. Few years later, she decided to go and get help - got into rehab. She was doing very well til she was ready to go back home. Unfortunely, she went back and using them. Now she wished that she never had tried. Now, she is worry about the baby as we are. Doctors said, "Baby heart beats - strong and baby’s body is a good size for his age – again… we won't know if he has other issues til baby born"
I told my brother, Your a great guy! Your not selfish! You let her whatever she wants to... It just happened at the wrong time and wrong place.
My brother - he s special guy! I know he will be a great father because he is an awesome uncle to our kids!
4 comments:
Aww keeping good thoughts for the little guy.They will do all kinds of tests on him, after he is born.
Damn I'm so sorry.
I hope that you have a healthy baby boy too.
I'm glad that he has your brother and your family behind him.
It makes me so sad when woman abuse drugs and alcohol during pregnancy. Babies are so innocent.
We will miss you while you are gone.
That is sad. I am hoping he will be fine.
just reading through your archives and very much enjoying your blog! :))
i just have to say i deeply sorry i am. second, i can very much relate to your situation. i have a cousin in arizona who has five children (from different dads). she is an addict - primarily crystal meth, crack (if she can afford it) and marijuana. the last three of her children were born with drugs in their bodies - they were born small, shaky, fragile. i hate my cousin. i hate her for being so god damned selfish. not only is she not making any kind of a better life for herself for her children, she is continuing to get pregnant (she has no job - never has had a job, actually) and continuing to abuse her body and her unborn babies' bodies with drugs. the state of arizona has stepped in a couple times, but only to give her a minor slap on the wrist. the state's child protective services is so innundated with cases that they cannot keep up. her children have apparently slipped through the cracks.
mike and i keep talking about going down there and taking those children. she only has custody of 3 of them - three little girls under the age of 4. The other two got a much better fate - their father got his act together and took custody of them.
i will keep your brother's baby in my prayers and will think positive thoughts that everything is ok with him.
Post a Comment